Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 60, Wednesday, February 29, 2012

After the children were off to school, it was time for Kara's PCP meeting.  Once a year my adult children who have a case manager (Rick, Kara, Shonda, Nathan  & Timothy) have a Person Centered Planning meeting.  During this meeting we discuss strengths, weaknesses, goals, the individual's concerns, dreams, and anything they wish to talk about, and fill out lots of paperwork.  Today Kara's group home Mom, Nancy Greve, and Kara stayed and visited with me after the meeting---very nice time!

My daughter, Kara, and me have a moment!!  Kara's birthday is March 19, and she brought her birthday list...she's quite excited as she turns 40 this year!!
Sam has 1/2 days at school on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Today he had a follow up appointment  for his elbow that he broke a year and a half ago.  The doc needed to be sure the growth plate was OK, and it is!  Praise God!  He likes the playroom, and I liked the picture Cheryl took of him on the frog!!  I wasn't able to go along, as my meds are still being adjusted, and I am struggling with some pain issues.
Sam kept himself occupied drawing pictures on the magnetic board.  He's not always been interested in fine motor things, but today he drew a very nice picture!

I gave Sam a double high 5 for working hard on making this picture!



Cheryl found this print of a frog--
                                                         I think she took the picture just for me!


A look at the inside of my Sammy's arm!  I still am amazed at the technology that allows them to take x-rays that go directly to the computer.  So thankful that he has had no complications from his
complicated break.
This is the costume Mahree's jazz class will be wearing for the spring recital.  The pose in the picture isn't exactly nice, but the nice thing about Hearts in Step Christian Dance Academy is that they do not use provocative moves and they use Christ honoring music.  Mahree is also taking 2 ballet classes this year....we are considering taking a break next year from dance----it's been a bit stressful for her this year.  She has taken dance for 8 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment